Gluten free bread
This gluten free bread recipe uses almond flour, oats and flaxseed as it's base. Since our bread maker broke, I haven't been experimenting with bread recipes. Today I made this in a loaf tin - it was really easy to make and went down so well with all the family I'll definitely be making it again. It's a delicious and much healthier alternative to processed shop bought bread.
Full of protein, healthy fats, fibre, vitamins and minerals and lower in carbs than regular bread. A little goes a long way, it's really filling!
- 1¾ cups almond flour
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- ½ cup gluten free oats
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼teaspoon pink himalayan salt
- 5 eggs
- ½ tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- handful pumpkin seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a 9x5 inch loaf tin with baking paper.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a food processor until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients and mix until well combined, scraping down the edges half way through.
- Pour the mixture into the lined loaf tin. Scatter with pumpkin seeds (or seeds of your choice).
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean.
- Let it cool in the pan for at least 30 minutes before serving.